Thursday, October 20, 2005

Least Safe Job Site Ever

What a coincidence -- the least safe job site I have ever seen in my life is actually right next to the bike trail!

On Belmont Ridge Road, there is a new Mini Storage place going in: they've done extensive excavation and blasting, lots of grading and clearing, started paving and started masonry. Today, on my way home from the trail, ABSOLUTELY NO ON WAS WEARING A HELMET!!!!!

Mini Storage = not sexy; which means the guys are probably really low-paid; and the job is being run on a really tight margin. But what the eff? Shouldn't someone step in a get these guys some basic PPE even just some helmets? I couldn't tell from the road, but I'm guessing there was no hearing protection, eye protection or steel-toed boots either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home