Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Nerds, nerds, nerds

There are safety nerds; there are coding nerds; here in the DC area, we have politics nerds (lots of them). But now, at the ripe old age that I am at, I am firmly convinced that you will never be successful at anything unless you are a nerd at something. I mean deeply devoted to something(be it safety, writing software, or being a wonk) to the point at which some one else doesn't understand a) what in the heck you are talking about, or b) your motivation for diving so deeply into a topic that you read it, you think it and speak more than anything else, or c) you.

There's another type of nerd that I am trying to become - a bike nerd. Setting up a team for the local MS Ride in May, on the stationary training for hours, even reading Lance Armstrong's War, gift from my bro - the Lance of bros.

1 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's up, I check your new stuff daily. Your humoristic style is witty, keep it up!

Also visit my blog post :: http://lnx.icsci.it/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home